The Healthy Cooking Company was primarily established to develop healthy eating habits to over 4000 children attending Queensland Childcare Services (QCCS).
We strongly believe that introducing nutritious meals at an early age will pave the road to a lifetime of healthy food choices. It is in their early years that children develop their tastes and attitudes about food and nutrition; hence, it is an essential time to educate and promote the importance of healthy eating.
Recent statistics show:
- Australia has doubled its percentage of children with obesity over the last 20 years.
- A third of Australian children are not eating the recommended daily serves of four to five vegetables and one or two pieces of fruit each day.
- Children are eating too much saturated f at and sugar and not enough calcium.
- Just one additional serve of fruit or vegies per day could save the direct health care system over $513 million a year.
- 30% of all Australian children now obese or overweight.
- On the basis of present trends we can predict that by the time they reach the age of 20 our kids will have a shorter life expectancy than earlier generations.
And so on….
Our nutrient-dense meals not only nourish and fuel growing bodies, but establish healthy eating habits and build a wholesome food culture.
To ensure QCCS educators have a better understanding of healthy eating and in turn help educate children in their care.
To provide children attending Queensland Childcare Services and their families wholesome food – naturally!
For many reasons, your child may need a special diet. We acknowledge this and try our best to accommodate for these requirements by supplying vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free alternatives. To ensure the safety of children who experience severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), all our childcare meals are made without the use of nuts and eggs.